Sunday, December 2, 2012

Green Smoothies

Do you guys know Hilary sometimes makes me smoothies made out of vegetables?




 She is a bit of an acolyte of the greensmoothiegirl.com.


It's some Mormon lady whose family transformed by eating more raw fruits and vegetables.  Hilary and I aren't the best at eating veggies but her smoothies are pretty good and extremely healthy.  The smoothies are mostly spinach.  Anyway our blender doesn't do a very good job and the lady at greensmoothies says everyone needs to get a blendtec blender which as it would happen cost four to five hundred dollars.  I'd consistently told Hilary that our kitchen is too small to accommodate such a item(I make no mention of our checkbook).  Well, yesterday being the good husband that I am, I accompanied her to a Vegas seminar the greensmoothie girl was running.  Hilary excitedly told me that they are going to give away a blendtec blender by raffle tickets at the event.  I told her that if that is the only reason we are going then we might as well not go because you are not going to be the one person who wins it.  In classic Hilary fashion she won the blendtec despite the fact that there were well over two hundred people there.  I think she only won it because I told her she wouldn't.


Well I tried my very best to be skeptical of this crazy blondie because I knew she would tell me to stop eating meet.  For the third largest healthy eating website in the country I did expect a bit more.  My favorite line was when she told us that "sugar is more addictive than cocaine as proven by no less than 2 animal studies.  Admittedly one was with my parrot and gold fish."  Okay that's not exactly what she said but it's pretty close.  She did have some good points, though.  So we often eat puke green smoothies here and if you come down we'll give you some.  I think Karen already does similar smoothies.
Anyway now we have a blender that's more expensive then most flat-screen TVs.  As far as I can tell the reason they are more expensive is that they are like other blenders but with dull blades.

 Turns out Blendtecs are kinda cool.  There's a bunch of videos that the creator of the blendtec puts out.  A few choice ones are below.




1 comment:

  1. I am quite jealous. I have wanted one of those blenders for quite some time. We have been fans of "Will it blend" for years. If they were dual voltage I would have ordered one during my killing blender spree a couple months ago. Did she really tell you to stop eating meet? or was that an antisocial freudian slip?

    Go Hilary!

    ReplyDelete