Sunday, March 25, 2012

Brian and Hilary Get Asked Out

Today in Primary I presented the following picture and had the kids guess what it means. They had a lot of trouble. Hopefully you can do better:



Do you get it?

We've been playing a new game with Ben called draw something. Words with friends and Pictionary had a kid, and it's name is drawsomething and it is awesome.

Night before last Hilary counted my gray hairs. I have about 15. I could tell she was counting because each hair was associated with a sharp pinch. Hilary explained that she tried to pull each one out but couldn't do so with just her fingers. So she just yanked each and every one.

Look at this sad picture:

We have had computer woes. They started when I did something stupid back in University Park apartments. I was sick with either Swine Flu or Mono. I can't remember which. The one that comes from kissing pigs.
Anyway I fell asleep with the laptop on my lap. It fell off the bed and it bent the intake charge port. Since then it has been difficult to get it to charge. The computer adapts to our charger and stops working. So we buy a new charger which works for a month or two then stops working. We've gone through many chargers. It's getting to the point that we'll probably have to just buy a new computer.

Our house smells really good. Hilary made me a salad and a whole chicken. It was so tender that when I grabbed the drumstick the bone came right out and the chicken maintained it's shape. Don't worry, I didn't eat the ENTIRE chicken.

Friday night was a progressive dinner in the ward. It was fun. We met several newer couples in the ward, who like us, have a dearth of children. Hilary remarked afterwards that it is like we are dating other couples. You know first you go up and talk to them, find out you have some stuff in common, then you casually slip in that we should do something together sometime and your heart races hoping that they say yes and you can have a new couple friend in the ward. It really did feel a lot like flirting. In any case, we got asked out.


I don't care what you say. Krispy Kreme makes the best doughnuts.

Don't judge me. I had a salad remember?

1 comment: