Monday, October 8, 2012

Girls Camp

You may have noticed that it's been several months since we have posted on our blog.  This is totally my fault.  When I got home from Girls Camp, Brian decided that I needed to blog about it.  I agreed, but then kept putting it off.  The time has come! 

Girls Camp was amazing!  I camped with the second year girls.  I shared a tent with another leader in my ward, and a leader from the San Miguel ward.  We slept on cots, which was good since it rained several nights. 



 One of the leaders read Max Lucado's book, "You are Special."  The girls then got to put dots and stars on each other. 



I was in charge of the facials.  The girls had fun spreading this oatmeal mixture on each other.  


We went hiking on Wednesday.  Here are some pictures from our hike.


Here are the second year girls from my ward.  They are so great!

This year we celebrated 100 years of Girls Camp.  In honor of this anniversary, each level was given a different decade on which to base their skit. We got the 80's.  Thanks to some amazing hair spray and blue eye shadow, our girls looked pretty awesome.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the skit.


We had a ton of fun that week!  It was also a very spiritual experience.  The theme was "Stand Up, Lead Out."  I am very impressed with the youth in our stake.  They are such good examples.  The theme song was "Where You Stand," by Jenny Phillips.  It is inspiring listening to all the young women in our stake sing this song.




1 comment:

  1. Whoever painted that banner is amazing! I love girls camp. I'm so glad you get to be in YW!

    ReplyDelete