Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Crafting and Updates

Now that it's summer vacation, I am enjoying lots of free time.  Brian suggested that perhaps it's time for a new blog post (it's been about 6 months since our last post).  As many of you know, our lives have changed quite drastically since December.  Here are the main updates:

  • I'm pregnant!  With TWINS!!
  • We are buying a new house.  This one.
  • As long as things go smoothly, we'll move in at the end of July
  • I finished my 7th year teaching
  • Brian had a busy semester for the first part of the year
  • He's taking online classes for the summer, so he gets to be home a lot more
  • We're busy getting things ready for our baby girls :)
Back in November a few of my friends and I decided to have a monthly Pinterest Party.  We get together and make something we have found on Pinterest.  It's been great, and we've made some really cute things!

  • November: wood block frames
  • December: sock snowmen
  • January: candy heart topiary
  • February: etched glass
  • March: no party
  • April: embellished flip flops
  • May: Mary Kay Satin Hands scrub imitation
  • June: fridge paper organizer
Here is a picture of a few of these things:

 I need to get a larger dowel for the topiary... it's a little top-heavy.  I'm hoping to still participate in these parties, even after we move.

I've done some other crafts just for fun recently.  I made this snowman back in November to hang on our door during the winter months. 



And I've started to make a few things for our babies' room.  This is a simple piece of string art.


And my project this last weekend was this tutu bow holder.  This is another thing I found on Pinterest.


I like the way it turned out. 


I've also gotten really into buying things on a local facebook yard sale site.  I think we've been able to find some pretty good deals.  Here are some things we've purchased:

  • Baby Exersaucer- $25
  • Baby Bouncer Seat- $10
  • 3-Piece Entertainment Center- $150
  • Baby Swing- $35
  • Crib- $50
  • L-Shaped Cabinets- $75
  • Queen Bed Frame- $5
So we've taken pictures periodically of my growing belly.  It's hard for me to remember what it was like to not have a big belly.  Here's a picture from 11 weeks, when I just had a tiny bump, and then one from this past weekend, at 25 weeks.  These babies are definitely growing!  And I still have 12 weeks or so left!!



No comments:

Post a Comment