Thursday, January 5, 2012

sledding

Hilary and I were both lavished with gifts over Christmas. I subtly suspected that I didn't have to do as many dishes as usual because they couldn't ask me to do work without asking Hilary. You know, we still have to be nice to the "new" member of the family.

We sure did have fun in Colorado. We would have had fun even if we did have to do dishes but we had fun regardless. One of the many gifts that thrilled Hilary was Photoshop. She insists it has nothing to do with the fact that she can now make her husband less "gross."

Anyway she excitedly accompanied us on a sledding trip to gather photos with which to hone her skill.


Here's a great action shot of Kate








Lucy



Sam



Hyrum was a snowball slinging machine.

They were all good sports when snowballs hit them on the noggin.






Tommy gets a pic even though he didn't go sledding.


One of the Christmas activities was a PUZZLE RACE!!

It was as exciting as it sounds. Two groups of people and two puzzles with the same amount of pieces. It was pretty intense.

Two days ago at work Hilary texted me. The missionaries called to say the 9 year old girl in our primary class last year wanted one of us to give the talk on the Holy Ghost at her baptism. The question was which one of us. Well Hilary gallantly volunteered.



.....to have her husband do it. So last night I spoke at the baptism. Bigger surprise was after we got there and I was feeling a little nervous the missionaries told us they wanted me to confirm her on Sunday also. Yikes. I've baptized people but this will be my first time doing a confirmation. I'm really nervous.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's awesome! I'm sure today went great. See what good teachers you guys are?
    And dishes have nothing to do having a new wife. Husbands are supposed to do dishes anyway. : )

    ReplyDelete